View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #83
Dem0sthenes
Hegemon
Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Must say that I am 6 books deep into the Ender series and thought very highly of the philosophical ideas in speaker for the dead and children of the mind, especially regarding what gives a being life. But now I stumble on the fact that Card is very anti gay and not to sound discriminatory, but also a Mormon, a religion which has shown many times to ignore people's rights. So my dilemma was can I still give his powerful ideas credit if such basic ethics are flawed. I'm afraid I am too attached to them at this point to not acknowledge them, but I must say I've never had this problem before. But I will not be financially supporting such opinions.
Dem0sthenes is offline   Reply With Quote