View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 03:20 PM   #5624
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I won't explain it, because having to explain jokes is just sad. I'm pretty sure plenty of people did get it.

I would say though, that I've been in situations where somebody tells a joke that I don't get. I normally just laugh politely and move on. It's a kind of good manners thing.
I assume it is a cultural or language thing. Many jokes are a playon words or pronunciation of words. I see you are from the UK... so I know that applies. I don't feel bad that I didn't get it. But, it would be nice if you did explain it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote