Instructions for installing dictionaries manually
This will be fleshed out, for now this is a place holder post.
For now, here are the instructions for ShellShock's Chambers English dictionary
Chamber's Twentieth Century Dictionary of the English Language
To use the new dictionary:
- Connect your Kobo to your PC.
- On the Kobo go to the ".kobo\dict" folder, and rename "dicthtml.zip" to "dicthtml.backup.zip". This backs up your existing English dictionary (which I assume you already have installed).
- Download the appropriate zip file below and unzip it to extract the dicthtml.zip file inside. Do not unzip the dicthtml.zip file.
- Copy the dicthtml.zip file to the ".kobo\dict" folder on the reader.
- Eject/disconnect your Kobo.
- Go into the dictionary screen, e.g., if you have a book open, tap the book icon on the bottom menu, and select Definition.
- Flip the language from English to e.g., Deutsch and back again. This makes the Kobo refresh the English dictionary cache. You have to do this once.
- The new dictionary is now ready to use.