Thread: Book length
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #51
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Actually, DO start such series. They have obviously garnered a happy group of readers. Most series pall after 8 or 9 books, so plan on the first 6 so that you can enjoy the best writing and then move on to another series or author. I'm a sci fi/fantasy fan and read a lot of series through, but the last series that I read that was still REALLY strong throughout was John Jakes (Kent family) and that was in the 80s under general fiction.
Can't do it. I'm an SFF fan myself, but I absolutely despise the series-first, franchise mentality that has a death-grip on the genre(s).
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote