View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #41
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
He's completely missing the point. Everyone knows that it's the smell of paper books that's the main flaw of eBooks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
Just another old fart bitchin about change.
Smelly one too!
Thank somebody that my e-readers don't give back smelly feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel1626 View Post
Disgusting drivel. I couldn't even finish the article, since the premise is so flawed. Come on, tactile experience is the point of reading? Then go read in Braille.
Be sure to get it on paper, don't get a fancy electronic braille-display.

But all sarcasm aside: is there a e-reader that instead of e-ink got a braille display? Now wouldn't that be neat?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakini View Post
according to his argument, reading a tabloid that is physically printed on paper is "more like reading" than reading war and peace on my Kobo ... just because the book is "tactile" and my ereader supposedly isn't.

ok, sure dude ...
That is why I got a Kindle TOUCH, or did I fall for another marketing trick of Amazon? It is real, I can touch it and it gives feedback back to me - unlike that black ship in Restaurant at the end of the Universe where you can try touching it, but it is too slick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
I tried to read the article but got bored half way through. If he is so against e-books then why is his book available as a Kindle edition?
There is no option to print out a Kindle book? How are we supposed to read it?

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 11-16-2012 at 01:20 PM. Reason: forgot Harry's quote that I wanted too
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote