View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 12:43 AM   #14634
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I just finished listening to The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck performed by the L.A. Theatre Works. Loved it. It isn't the full book, but if you know the story, it was very good at portraying the people and time. I haven't read the book in a while and I have to admit I had forgotten the amount of prejudice so frankly expressed in that era.

I went to my bookshelf to find my copy, but it wasn't there. I would like to get another copy to read.

Does anyone know if the Penguin Classics version with the "detailed notes by leading Steinbeck scholar Robert DeMott" is any good?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote