View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthowl View Post
Here's a link to the article/topic/thread I mentioned:

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/arc.../t-192257.html

The above article/topic/thread may help you recall what I mentioned.
A few things pop out to me about this thread. First, calibre's MTP implementation was a brand new feature and was exactly one week old, other quirks were still being addressed. Second, the Original Poster of this thread was Post-It and the problem was his calibre locked up when connected to his device. The developer suggested he reboot his device, then suggested he reboot his computer. Post-It immediately responded that his device was working again.

Quote:
The guy went out of his way to be polite and try to keep the discussion on topic.
"The guy" (transmitthis) was doing two things. He was trying to help the original poster by sharing his experience and he was straying off topic by asking new questions.

Quote:
But even my second time through I still do not see where it was explained that there was no way to minimize scanning time(except by buying an unwanted additional app).
As stated this was not the question originally asked in the thread. It is possible transmitthis was the first to ask the question, but he did it in the middle of a thread dedicated to getting someone going again that was having problems and as such his specific question seems to have been lost. I responded after the initial problem was solved. transmitthis next post made it clear he was aware of calibre's limitation in regards to scanning directories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by transmitthis View Post
Update - Shame that calibre doesn't implement the useful features you talk about in your update, "single folder scanning" user choice scans, etc.
Where he learned of this fact I don't know (another thread I suspect), but it is clear his question has been answered.

Quote:
@Doc, Thank you. Your first quoted response answered my question. Currently I'm using the 'save to disk' function to accomplish what I want.
You're welcome.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 11-15-2012 at 09:37 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote