Am poking through the comments. Best so far:
I agree that reading is a tactile experience (and not just an intellectual one). I haven't fully read a book until I have
1. read the words inside of it.
2. felt each page individual, gently rubbing my finger tips from top to bottom.
3. caressed the cover
4. licked the spine
5. snorted all of the dust mites that get stuck in the cracks between the pages
6. listened to the pages (it kind of sounds like the ocean)
7. and, finally, ripped each page out individually, put mustard on them, and eat them.