View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #22133
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?
My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends.
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
So Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a color TV ?
Dialing For Dollars is trying to find me.
I wait for delivery each day until three,
So oh Lord, won't you buy me a color TV ?

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-GFq...eature=related )

Good morning, all! It's a SPECTACULAR day outside, and I'm hurrying through breakfast so I can take my camera into Kyoto for some more Fall color photos around the temples (and sneak in some exercise while I'm at it...) Ahmad's "English Breakfast" tea and a grilled chicken breast to move my body, Janice to move my soul, and a motorcycle to move my body. Does it get any better than this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
It surprises me how many of Stitchy's songs I know, and start humming when I read them. You should teach your class TODAY's song .... since anybody of a certain age has already heard the Coca Cola version of it!
I've already printed out the words for them.
They certainly know the tune. And I've printed a couple of Christmas songs as well, as those are popular. I bought a new gig bag last week so I can carry my guitar safely again, so this is all in the plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
yes, I like those songs. And most of the times I don't need the tune; like you I start humming. I'm also from the flowerpower-generation (just a tiny bit, but not much, younger than Stich). This was what we often sang
I'd love to relive my days hanging out in the Haight-Ashbury district, as well as all the time I spent passing the plate playing folk music in coffee houses on McDougal St. in Greenwich Village. Our biggest worry in those days was 'who are we going to sleep with tonight?' and that wasn't even a question; it was a matter of choosing... Drinking cheap jug wine, unlimited soft-core drugs... peaceful music at all hours of the day, sharing, tribal, comfortable.

In those days no one we knew did hard drugs... And then, light a light switch being flipped... it all changed... seemed like overnight... Heavy Metal took over the music scene, heroine took over the drug scene, and those of us who lived grew up. Where is Peter Pan when we need him?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote