View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 10:59 AM   #467
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Nexus 5, iPad 2, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
The only reason why Apple does not include an internal SD card reader is because that would simply cut into the profit margins. They wouldn't be able to up trade you to go with a higher capacity model, and they also wouldn't be able to sell you an external SD card reader (yes, apple makes sd card adaptors.)
Even if it did not make any difference at all on income I do not think they would include it. I think the real reason is the lock in philosophy and also that I do not think you can make the UI fool proof if you have an SD card that can be unplugged. It will add what for Apple is unacceptable complications in the UI experience.