View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 06:31 AM   #5
Steve_Haley
CC team
Steve_Haley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Steve_Haley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Steve_Haley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Steve_Haley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Steve_Haley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Steve_Haley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Steve_Haley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Steve_Haley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Steve_Haley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Steve_Haley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Steve_Haley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Variety of Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthowl View Post
Also, not interested in CC. I already bought Calibre Library and never got it working on my old Pandigital.
[...]
I Googled and read a post about someone having a long scanning issue and it frustrated me that he was basically hounded to buy the CC thing.
[...]
It never said anything about being able to select a folder to scan, or not. lol Basically wasted my time reading a commercial I guess.
Sorry if I sound like I'm adding to the 'hounding' to buy CC - but a few quick points. (Full disclosure - I'm one of the CC developers.)

1. Despite the extremely similar names, Calibre Library isn't linked to Calibre Companion at all, and I gather it isn't linked to calibre on the desktop either. CC is somewhere in-between being a 3rd party app and the official app; that's because it's written by two people, one of whom (chaley on this forum) is a regular contributor to calibre. That's how our app can integrate so well - chaley knows when something's going to change, and can make sure our plugin stays up to date.

Saying that, the main calibre developer (Kovid Goyal) is not on the CC team.

2. If you try our app and aren't happy, just email me the order number and I can refund the purchase. Most people are extremely pleased with it, but every so often I have to cancel someone's order. It's not a big deal.

I won't go through the other points, as DoctorOhh has already answered them. (And he's not even on our team, just a dedicated fan!)
Steve_Haley is offline   Reply With Quote