Thread: Chromebook
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #23
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Lumia 925, Kobo Vox (Retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
So you can't really do any work unless you're online? That would be a deal breaker for me. I want to access work files even if I'm not online at that moment.
If you use Chrome as your browser you can try the offline docs feature to see how it works

You need to download Google Drive from the chrome store first
run the app (really just a link to google drive) then in the left hand pane is an option to enable offline use

after doing this disable your wifi and run chrome, Google Drive app should be available with your documents

it works quite nicely, but it might be restricted to Google doc types only
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote