Originally Posted by sergeyvl12
1. How can I install this plugin to Kobo? How can I run it?
2. Do I need to install some kind of jailbreaks for Kobo to run my plugin?
3. What's the known limitations/restrictions to plugins?
4. What's the path to kobo flash memory? (e.g. on Kindle this path is /mnt/us)
5. Can I compile and run usual executable Qt app (not a plugin).
Thanks for help!
1) Plugins can be installed by creating a archive named 'Kobo.tgz' (plugin as the only content). Copy the 'Kobo.tgz' file to the '.kobo' directory on the reader (if you connect it via USB to the PC). Eject the reader and the plugin should be installed automatically. To run the plugin you have to open a book (epub) after reader startup. As long as you don't shutdown the reader (only sleep mode) the plugin stays active.
2) NO. For easier debugging and so on you could install SSH and Telnet on the reader but it's not necessary for running the plugin.
3) Plugins can fully use QT Widgets. The 'HOME' button always takes you back to the Reader Homescreen.
5) Yes you can but you have to implement the eink driver interface for QT first. There is already a implementation here at mobileread.
You also have to kill 'nickel' before starting your application. After exiting your application you have to restart 'nickel' (the correct way can be found here in the forum).
Hope this helps a little bit.