View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #407
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by shihman View Post
Failed to initial flash or Do not support this Flash, please reset the target
[...]
After a few minutes, I hear it unmounting and mounting again and then again, and then again. LOL.

Officially broken?
I fear that might be the case... It sounds like that "constant reboot" thing we have been seeing often here lately. I think there's some consensus that a drained battery might be causing such behaviour, some internal hardware faults might, too. Sorry.

A bit of explanation: The power via USB alone is unfortunately not enough by itself to keep the device running for recovery - a working, charged (to some extent) battery seems to be absolutely mandatory. (Unfortunate, BTW, since the Kindles would make great display devices even when the battery is broken.)
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote