View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 11:56 PM   #1
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Libraries step into the age of ...iPod?

It is impossible to fight. It seems every new portable technology is measured in terms of the iPod.

Quote:
It may be about time to dig out that old library card. Hoping to draw back readers, libraries have vastly expanded their lists of digital books, music, and movies that can be downloaded by their patrons to a computer or MP3 player -- and it doesn't cost a cent, unlike, say, media from Apple Inc's iTunes or Amazon.com Inc.

"People like the portability of it," Jim McCluskey, collection development assistant manager for Washington State's Sno-Isle Libraries, which will soon be offering iPod compatible downloads.
Now I have and enjoy reading books on my iPod Touch, and the new apps for the "media player" make reading most anything relatively easy. And I will be interested to hear what Sno-Isle Libraries will be using for iPod compatible downloads.

And the E Ink devices do get some love, or at least the Sony Reader does get a mention. In a list of devices.

But it is the name "iPod" that seems to drive the article. What you gonna do...?

Good to see the article, and hope it gets more people aware of digital reading.

Reuters article here
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote