View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 12:26 PM   #175
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Book apps

So far, I've got:
Kindle
Kobo
Nook
Zinio

Brief summaries:

Kindle:
Great, but strange.
After having downloaded a few dozens of books (all original Amazon, no side loading), I get the error message: "No more storage".
I've still got 30GB left...

Nook:
Only downloaded it 10 minutes ago.
Just downloading my library of ca. 250 books.
So far, it seems to work flawlessly and the downloads are lightning-fast.

Kobo:
Great, but strange.
I can't download some big files, some of my Dilbert cartoons for example.
Strange though, some Dilberts work others don't.
The app simply shuts down at the end of the download, but the book isn't available.

Zinio:
Very strange.
I have to mark every single magazine, one by one, for download.
Only other option: In settings, I can define automatic downloads for up to the last 120 days.
I don't see in the library, which magazine already has been downloaded. You have to check it one by one.
When you finally got the magazines, it's great.
Finally: Bookmarks again.

Over all:
Great for reading. Love the form factor (16:9), magazines in landscape, books in both orientations. I've already got all the reading apps I need. Sony would be nice too, but isn't high on my list. Some ePUB reader, such as Bluefire reader, would be nice, but not that important to me. Kindle, Kobo and Nook cover 75% of my existing purchases.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote