Thread: Chromebook
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #20
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, KT, PB701/IQ, K2, PB360, BeBook One, Axim51v, TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
But will they be light and portable enough?
I think they will be just like any Win7 laptop, clunky but feature rich.
Have you looked at current netbooks?
Even this old one...
http://www.laptopmag.com/review/lapt...ne-ao751h.aspx
...has done fine by me. And that is with Vista instead of Win7. I got it for US$279 and it handles MS OFFICE, surfing, and pretty much everything I need in a portable. at 3lbs it is heavier than a bare tablet but once you add a keyboard most tablets aren't all that much lighter.

I know netbooks aren't cool anymore but they're cheap and they match up pretty well with the chromebooks. And the newer Atom processors are pretty powerful in their own right.
fjtorres is online now   Reply With Quote