View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 07:47 AM   #2789
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2
@rogerinnyc:

The overlapping issue is unfortunately the result of an ugly workaround I had to resort to on these devices. When you switch the current screensaver from under the framework's feet, it will still use the old one for the next sleep. (That's probably why I never went farther than that the last time I looked at implementing this, what I have to resort to to make it work is a terrible mess compared to what's done on the K5...). So I cheat, and force show the correct image. Depending on the load, device, and current refresh speed, you'll see it as a double refresh (with two different images if this is the first sleep after a switch). You'll nearly always see it on a K2 with an old Vizplex screen, while on the other hand, you'll almost never see it on the K4 (better HW).

About the missed switches, there was a huge annoying issue where a switch to USBMS (plugged & mounted on a computer) would just break it 'til the next restart. I just implemented another ugly workaround for that, it'll be in the next version.

If you catch any other missed switch, and you can confirm that the file has a proper cover (and/or has already been cached), I'd be interested to know more about it (how to reproduce it, and/or some logs)!
[The only case I'm aware of is related to the double refresh thing mentioned above, sometimes the 'old' cover wins over my forced cover. I haven't managed to replicate this in a while, and it mostly concerns the K2. Since it's so rare, I'm not inclined to 'fix' it, because it would imply adding an always visible delay between the two refreshes].

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-14-2012 at 07:52 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote