View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 02:28 AM   #1
freewheeling
Connoisseur
freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, Lenovo IdeaPad, Kindle PaperWhite
Lenovo Idea Pad?

I just ordered a Lenovo Idea Pad S2109. I wanted a 9.7 inch screen with 4:3 aspect ratio so I can read PDFs. For reading I don't much like the 16:9 aspect ratio devices. It has 16GB with an SD slot. Have never owned a tablet before, nor have I ever owned an Android device. I was hoping to find some sort of eInk device in that size, but there are only a few and they're kind of clunky. I tried the JetBook Color, and returned it.

I'm also sort of fed up with Kindle. Have had nothing but trouble trying to get my Kindle 2 fixed within the proprietary parameters set up by Amazon and it's just impossible. Can't even register it with a new MOBO because they insist you have to buy a new one if it breaks... even if you *can* repair it.

I also considered an iPad but they're so expensive. I could buy two of these Lenovos for the price of one iPad.

Anyway, what's the opinion on the Idea Pad? I read a few reviews but the only negative thing said was about the screen on the A2109 and it's not clear to me that it's even the same screen as the S2109, although they're both LCDs.
freewheeling is offline   Reply With Quote