Thread: K2 Dazed and confused.
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 10:11 PM   #18
freewheeling
Zealot
freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freewheeling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, Lenovo IdeaPad, Kindle PaperWhite
It didn't work.

After the change serial number key I got the following message:

Quote:
Device ID initialization must be performed from the debug board console.
Press 1 to set Serial Number now.
Pres X to abort setting Serial Number now.
If I press 1 it just gives a message that the screen will be cleared as soon as device ID initialization is complete, and just hangs until I restart. So some other piece of hardware is necessary to change the serial number. You can't do it from this utility.

Now, I wonder why they sell these motherboards if they can't be used? Should they have included a SIM card with the item, the one that's matched to the board?
freewheeling is offline   Reply With Quote