View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 08:53 AM   #232
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
I just wanted to show a relatively blank page.

After taking the pic, I saw that. It's not ghosting, it's part of the page.

Cranking up the light only makes it worse, but ok.

Here's 2nd try, by popular demand.
I felt oversaturation was somehow working here and if you look at the 2nd picture, with the "Kindle" showing at the bottom, it's sort of glowing orange, which does indicate oversaturation of the image.

I have mildest pink and blue-green if I turn off all the lights and look for them. They are almost unnoticeable since I left the Kindle exposed to the air for a few days.

I leave mine at 14-15 day/night but sometimes it's easier on the eyes in pitch black if I put it to 11-12.

I think the trick is to make it 'whiter' without letting it glow as that is not great on the eyes even if it's "reflective."

In any light but an unlit room, it's beautiful, in my case. But without lights on in the room, you can see mild discolorations (or you can just decide to read, which means they tend to not be noticed in my case).

There IS apparently a quality-control issue though since some have received a couple of them and one is seen as a problem and the other not but it's rarer the last couple of weeks, in my reading.
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote