View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 08:52 AM   #297
BoldlyDubious
what if...?
BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: paper & electrophoretic
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantman42 View Post
I don't quite understand why you say that MikeB1972 is wrong. In his example, he really owns the hammer (he doesn't have a licence), and in your proposed idea, you'd really own the files, instead of having a licence.
As I wrote in the same post you quoted from:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldlyDubious View Post
I'm saying that if someone breaks into my shed, steals my gun and I do not report that to the police and then uses my gun to commit some crime, I have a responsibility.
If I know that someone robbed me of my files (physically or through unauthorized access), I only have to report that to the police. That discharges me if any of these filed gets illegally distributed. This does not seem unreasonable to me.

Of course if I report a "media theft" a week, the police could get a trifle suspicious... :-)
BoldlyDubious is offline   Reply With Quote