View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #294
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB1972 View Post
Sorry, are you saying that if I lend someone a hammer and they use it to rob a jewellery shop then I am responsible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldlyDubious View Post
No, I am saying that -in exchange for the freedom to really own my media files (NOT a license to them) and do whatever I want with them (including giving them to other people of my choosing)- I would accept to be partly responsible if I make a wrong choice and some of these people decide to illegally distribute my files.
I don't quite understand why you say that MikeB1972 is wrong. In his example, he really owns the hammer (he doesn't have a licence), and in your proposed idea, you'd really own the files, instead of having a licence.

Why is there a difference between him giving someone his hammer and them doing something bad with it, and you giving someone your files and them doing something bad with them?
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote