View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 06:18 AM   #121
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
But when they are written as "apps", for the Metro UI these programs will run on both. And we can assume that most new programs will be written as apps.
I certainly do not assume that most programs will be written to target just the Windows RT API. ('Metro' apps). And I certainly think that the vast majority of existing programs (which is where Microsoft have the huge advantage over other OSs) will not be completely rewritten to use the WinRT APIs.
Unless the Windows RT tablets carve out a profitable niche reasonably quickly I think it is quite possible that developers (especially those targeting businesses) ignore it completely and continue to develop desktop apps.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote