View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 06:01 AM   #4
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony650
Considering that the first draft was finished two years ago, getting it done "quickly" has obviously not been a major factor in my considerations - though the decision to self-publish is more recent. So many details, things you don't really think about, even if you've heard/read about them before, until you come to do it for yourself. (eg: One I hadn't thought about until very recently was Legal Deposit with national and state library.)

So, yes, I do agree with you, frahse, you have to get your feet wet. The only way to learn what's involved is to go through it - but that doesn't necessarily mean you have to hurry. I've just been chipping away at it slowly (still got to earn a living, and still want to spend time writing new stuff) ... but getting close now, I think/hope.

The "indentured servant" thing was the really the biggest reason why I gave up on the idea of traditional publishing - that and the input from the good folks here on MobileRead that made self-publishing feel like something I really could do.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote