View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #4
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by minorum View Post
Thank you.
Yes the \.* was a mistake.

The expression is was looking for was .*crim.* without the backslash
This worked but for the point that "tags" is a field with mulitble values. So only the value where the string is found will be changed. All others will be copied in the new field.

Is there a way around it?

I dont understand your hint with the tag editor. I don't wont to remove a tag. I just want to use the tags to get my collection into shape by sorting the books to genres like: science fiction, fantasy, etc.
I had assumed

then simply use the Tag browser for the selection criteria (remember the any or All choice setting at the bottom).

select All, then use the Bulk metadata edit to add your value to your field.

change the criteria, repeat
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote