View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 07:54 AM   #14589
Hamlet53
Babi Yar
Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I'm about half-way through Cloud Atlas and I'm finding it rather cheesy. Oh, it's a good-enough read, but I hope the payoff is worth it.
I'm not done yet, but I agree that it is rather uneven. I also hope that it earns the reputation it has by coming together in the end. Major spoiler:
Spoiler:

That scenario about the nuclear reactor reads like a film script for one of those 1970s films about how the establishment was all powerful and evil. Sort of a cross between Three Days of the Condor and The China Syndrome.
Hamlet53 is offline   Reply With Quote