View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 07:28 AM   #37
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
Rather not clearly phrased by me (english is only the 3rd best language of mine) [...] Please accept excuses and correction. [...]
I was mostly having fun (I should have added a smiley) ... though I do find it difficult take seriously the second or third hand criticism of another's work.

But as I write this I am reminded that, for many years, I thought "The Simpsons" was the worst sort of kids entertainment possible - and said so on more than one occasion. But when I finally got around watching a whole episode (the one with the family hooked up to buzzers attached to each other) I had great fun and soon became hooked. Now Simpson's quotes come to me in all sorts of, often inappropriate, moments.

And does that little homily have any relevance to the topic? Sure. Write what you know - or perhaps more appropriately: Don't write what you don't know - applies especially to criticism. As the first response to the OP stated: Do the research. If you don't know what you're writing about it could be that you are mistaken.

Last edited by gmw; 11-12-2012 at 07:31 AM.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote