FFDL not finding valid story URLs
Will FFDL only recognize the URL for a story if it was the one to import it into Calibre in the first place, regardless of it coming from a supported archive? For example, when I'm going through AO3 it's simpler for me to use AO3's epub download option and simply drop them into the auto-add directory for Calibre rather than trying to harvest the url's one at a time. Unfortunately AO3 doesn't include much if any metadata in the download so once I have it imported into Calibre I like to use FFDL to update the metadata and if a story is incomplete I can then use FFDL to periodically check if it's been updated. Only FFDL doesn't seem to want to do this anymore even if the URLs in the IDs field for working and non-working URLs are formatted EXACTLY the same.
To test this theory I copied a couple of urls from stories FFDL said it couldn't find the story url for to a notepad file, deleted the stories from Calibre, then made sure those story urls were in the clipboard and ran FFDL. It imported the files using the copied urls with no problems. Then when I went into the individual stories I found the url was exactly the same as it was when I used Calibre's add books option rather than FFDL. Now when I ask FFDL to Update Existing Fanfiction books using the url in the IDs field it has no problem finding the URL.
I'm using the latest version of FFDL on Calibre 0.9.5