View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #9
Catlady
Wizard
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook Lite, Libre Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
The US election was Nov 6. By Nov. 9, David Frum (a conservative commentator who used to write speeches for one of the George Bushes, I forget which one) had self-published a small book called Why Romney Lost. There's no way traditional publishing could ever have that kind of turnaround.

I heard about it today from my husband while we were in the car, miles from the nearest book store. I turned on my k3 with 3g and in minutes had it downloaded to my kindle and was reading parts of it out loud while he drove. The conversation continued with no break.

God, I love living in the future.
Newspapers and periodicals get out analyses immediately in print. I expect more from a book. I read a book to get an in-depth understanding, and that is simply not possible without the passage of some time.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote