View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 10:15 AM   #73
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
Ah, TECO was fun! At my first job I wrote a set of TECO macros to transform quite a few Record & Field definitions (from formal interface specs) into PL/M-86 structure definitions, including such things as having to calculate field sizes & offsets for the varient parts! Took a few days but saved weeks of effort (& excluded all the manual mistakes that would have crept in).
TECO was better suited for macros that would be used in batch jabs than for interactive editing.

Though I have thought on occasion of trying to track down the old ITS macro set and recreate the original emacs...

Gotta love a language whose code bears a strong resemblance to line noise...
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote