View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #339
JohnnyBook
Zealot
JohnnyBook for a long time would go to bed early.JohnnyBook for a long time would go to bed early.JohnnyBook for a long time would go to bed early.JohnnyBook for a long time would go to bed early.JohnnyBook for a long time would go to bed early.JohnnyBook for a long time would go to bed early.JohnnyBook for a long time would go to bed early.JohnnyBook for a long time would go to bed early.JohnnyBook for a long time would go to bed early.JohnnyBook for a long time would go to bed early.JohnnyBook for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: K3 WF/3G (dead screen) & K4NT
Has something changed reticently with the plugin?

I use find duplicates (Binary compare) all the time. (every time I add more books, most times I do not find any. But with the Baen Books Monthly Bundles, sometimes they repeat books, so I find a few)

In any case, previously when I did a search (2-3 months ago?) it would take a few seconds to do a search (5-10? seconds maybe a little more? But it was not an excessive length of time)

But lately it will take 2-3 minutes!! to do the search, and I still have roughly the same number of books in my library.

AFAIK

I have only done a couple things reticently

I added a bunch of PDFs to my library awhile ago (maybe 200-300 books?) Would PDFs cause a slow down?

The program used to take a couple of minutes to start up, until I saw a post about speeding up program starting times, that suggested not including formats in the tag browser. (Now it takes about 10 seconds to start up!!) Could the plugin now need to do whatever the tag browser used to do before it can complete the search?

Thanks,
JohnnyBook is offline   Reply With Quote