View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 10:36 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Your letter sounds good to me, haridasi. i've taken the liberty of adding in a bit of information i might add ; i put all my additions in bold so you can find them quickly. also one correction : i think you mean "provide" instead of "prove" (i put that in bold too, just for visibility.). i also added the mr address, since i think many publishers still might not know very much about ebooks so it's good to give them a place to start, to learn.

it's a really good idea you had to put your letter here ; hopefully, even people who don't like to write letters will be more willing to make the effort if they can use a model letter already created. thanks.

Quote:
Dear publisher,
It seems like you don't offer "bookname" by "author" as an ebook. Do you have any plans to do so?

I prefer ebooks for the following reasons:
- Takes no space in my limited bookshelves
- I can easily take my whole library with me everywhere I go
- Saves the environment (saves trees, pollution because of shipping etc.)
- I don't have to locate the book in bookstores, or wait days before it pops up in my mailbox. The second I bought the book, I can start reading it.

Why you should provide ebooks:
An ebook only needs to be created once for a specific format. It doesn't need to be printed into hardbacks and paperbacks and then be shipped to the various bookstores. It makes the creation and distribution very much simpler. Not only does this save you a lot of money, it will increase your revenue because there's less work involved.

I prefer the EPUB format. It is the new ebook industry standard and the best format for ebooks, for many reasons : it allows complete control over the layout and graphic presentation of the ebook, can support a true functional table of contents and notes, it can be exported directly from InDesign as an integrated part of the publishing workflow (simplifying ebook creation even further), and can easily be converted into other existing formats commonly used today.

I really hope you will make your catalogue available as ebooks soon. If you have any questions about ebooks, a lot of useful information can be found on the site www.mobileread.com.

Regards,
my name
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote