View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 06:04 AM   #8
mzmm
Groupie
mzmm calls his or her ebook reader Vera.mzmm calls his or her ebook reader Vera.mzmm calls his or her ebook reader Vera.mzmm calls his or her ebook reader Vera.mzmm calls his or her ebook reader Vera.mzmm calls his or her ebook reader Vera.mzmm calls his or her ebook reader Vera.mzmm calls his or her ebook reader Vera.mzmm calls his or her ebook reader Vera.mzmm calls his or her ebook reader Vera.mzmm calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: iPad, Kindle Touch, Sony PRS-T1
pages are only rendered full bleed in ibooks with fixed layout epub 3.0s. to get the effect you're talking about, you'll need to restructure the epub so that the metadata and epub assets conform to the epub3 guidelines (see here: http://idpf.org/epub/30, usually you'll just need to update the opf and create a toc.xhtml), and create a separate page for each full bleed image. each xhtml page will require you to set viewport dimensions with the viewport meta tag, and these dimensions need to be consistent throughout the epub. this will look like

Code:
<meta name="viewport" content="width=750, height=1200" />
and you'll want to adjust the w x h to suit you. you'll also need to include the apple display options xml in the META-INF folder while supplying the appropriate values mentioned by Aerys.

i don't know of a good epub3 converter, but if you had a pdf of the books you could generate a fixed layout epub3 online with http://www.blurb.com/ or a similar service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I believe there's something about it in ePub 3, but I don't know if it's the same as Apple's
epub3 specs supply guidelines for fixed layout, and epub3s created for ibooks pass epubcheck 3.0b4 validation. they can also be read on calibre, azardi, and using chrome's readium extension. the only apple specific contents required for ibooks are the display.options xml, which does not affect validation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Anyway, wouldn't it be easier to install a comic-reading app in you iPad?
i think so too, but hope this helps!

Last edited by mzmm; 11-10-2012 at 06:07 AM. Reason: missing backslash
mzmm is offline   Reply With Quote