Add me to the Sansa Zip Clip fan club.
My little blue one has had so much use this year that I want another one, this time Orange! I use mine for audiobooks (Includes Audible) .
I bought a Samsung Galaxy Player 5 for music and other things. I can also sync my Audible books on it. I leave my music in the cloud so this is perfect for me and portable but if I want to do housework I use my Clip+ for music or Clip Zip for audiobooks. It's so small you clip it anywhere like your shirt or pants and it actually stays in place it's the size of a matchbox. So it's perfect for everything.
The Zip Clip does have a few quirks.
- Never hit the pause button before the player is fully booted up. It starts a bug that none of the buttons will work. Turning the player off then on fixes it but I have done this multiple times without thinking.
- It sometimes shuts down when using a Audible book for no reason and a hard reset is needed. (Sansa is aware of this issue but has not fix it yet)
- If you take out the SD Card you lose your place on your audiobooks that's on it.
- It can't fast forward an audiobook or mp3 that is more than 300MB in one file. You will need to split the mp3 up.
Some of the Zip Clip perks that I love are:
- It's small so you can clip it anywhere on you or your purse....etc
- Overdrive WMA audiobooks never expire so you can delete at your convince once you finish listening.
- It's inexpensive so if it breaks you're not out alot of money.
- It's durable. I've drop mine more times than I can count. Once on the kitchen floor that the card came out. Still works like a charm.
- It has great battery life. If not in use the battery stays charged forever. When I use it I get up 10 Hours depending on what type of format I am listening to.
- You can add up to 32GB with the Micro SD Slot
- It's has a FM Radio on it.
I highly recommend JVC Marshmallows Ear buds
for your Clip. I got to get another pair for my SGP5 the Samsung ones aren't that comfy.
I use this case
for my Clips. If I get the orange Clip I will order the pink one.