View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #38
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
As a Canadian, I hate the new law, but I have to agree with you. They're not the same thing.
I hate it too, and I strongly suspect it won't stand a good court test. And someone will undoubtedly test it. However, it doesn't change the fact that it is a stupidly written law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
I live in Canada. I could care less about this law. I will still strip my books now for the same reason I did yesterday...so I can keep my books if Kobo or Amazon goes under, or if I am no longer able to access them through their websites.
Actually, I don't care much about one or the other going under, I care about being able to read on the device of my choice. So I buy ePubs from Kobo and Kindle format from Amazon. And Kindle format from Baen where this is a total non-issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
Stripping DRM from Kindle books is just as easy as Epub, using the plug ins for Calibre. Exact same steps, exact same amount of time.
Well, since I have a Kindle, it's actually fewer steps. I just buy it and ship it to my computer for download to my kindle over USB, and it comes right in. AND has a meaningful filename on my hard disk even before it gets to Calibre.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote