View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
rwhe
Hierodule
rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, calibre, Android, FBReader
Black bar on Glo randomly disappears?

I recently received a Glo as a gift from a generous family member in Montreal (a couple of days before Powell's, which is within driving distance for me, began selling them!), and so far I'm enjoying all the improvements over my old Touch, especially the light.

I have noticed one issue, and I don't know whether I'm doing something wrong, or whether this is a known issue with the 2.1.5 firmware. I like the black bar at the bottom of the screen (the one that hides the slight unevenness of lighting), but I find I can't predict when it will be on or off. I do have it configured to display as "solid" in Settings, but it disappears at random times while the light is on.

It almost always disappears when I wake the Glo from sleep mode, and sometimes it returns when I "do something", such as change a setting or interact with the interface in some other way, but apart from that, I can't predict it.

I'd like it on all the time. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there anything I can do about it other than wait for a firmware upgrade?

Apart from that, love my Glo.

Thanks.
rwhe is offline   Reply With Quote