View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #36
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O
Okay! Finished working/sandbox-testing, now I'm gonna need a real live guinea pig ;D.

You'll need to:

* Be on 5.2.0
* Be JailBroken
* Not be terribly upset if it fails and you end up on 5.3.0 without a JailBreak .

What to do:

* FIRST, Install the update package attached here.
* Then, install the official 5.3.0 update.

If all is well, you should still have the bare minimum after the update (ie. the jailbreak key).

(So far, I only tested this on 5.1.2 & 5.2.0. Another pair of eyes (eureka ) confirmed that it *should* work on 5.3.0, and turning my brain to mush looking at IDA made me pretty sure that the update process wouldn't kill it, so I'm pretty confident it works ).

EDIT: The file (update_jailbreak_bridge_1.7.N_install.bin) has moved to the full 1.7.N release of the JailBreak .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-09-2012 at 02:08 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote