View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #11
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox
This being the Vox subforum, does the Playbook do what the Vox does best? Is there a Playbook ereader subforum here? My Vox is a great ereader, which is why I got it.

Here is what I know about the Playbook: My daughter-in-law got one when they were first available for $200 through RIM employees. It was an interesting play-toy, but she wanted to read ebooks and couldn't with the original OS and no Kobo app. by the time that was available, her PB had died due to terminal discharging to where it would no longer charge. After a couple of months of emails and phone tag, she received a FedEx package to return it. Recently, a month later, she just got another FedEx package to return it because it seems the one she sent back got lost. Meanwhile, she got a Vox and is happily reading books on it.

Remember, the Vox is a READER that can double as a tablet in a pinch, not vice versa.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote