View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 07:59 AM   #1
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony650
eBookIt experiences?

Still on my extended journey looking for the ideal solution for distributing my first ebook, and I've come across a service called eBookIt. Similar to BookBaby in that they they offer a paid-service for conversion (and fees for updates etc.), but different in that they take "just 15% of the net payments".

The 15% seems a pretty stiff to me, though I guess it depends on how you look at it. BookBaby charge a $19/yr fee to keep listing your book. So if your book makes profits over approx. $127 a year then BookBaby comes out in front, if you make less than that then eBookIt comes out in front. (So which one you choose might depend on your level of optimism .)

The print-on-demand service offered by eBookIt looks neater/friendlier than BookBaby's print services, though it would depend on what you're looking for.

Anyone here had an experience with eBookIt? They're a much newer company than BookBaby - which is not necessarily a bad thing in this business, I guess, though it means there is less out there to read about it.

I have an email (online form) in to eBookIt about their position with regard to foreign authors needing an ITIN and tax withholding. It will be interesting to see if they manage to respond any faster than BookBaby.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote