Originally Posted by BetterRed
What I wrote was
Typically there would less than 15 books displayed in the list from a library approaching 4000, the selection being based on the #status custom column.
- create a Temporary library using the structure from my Main library
- move the displayed books (#status:"=72 finalCheck") from my Main Library to the Temporary library,
- close Calibre
- process everything in the Temporary library via a powershell script
- start Calibre
- update the #status column for all the books in the Temporary library to '85 Final'
- move all the books in the Temporary library to the Main library
- remove the Temporary library, from Calibre and Windows
The list would obviate the need for the Temporary library - I would use it drive the powershell script and update the book files in-situ - ie in the Main library.
All books are currently displayed unless you STATE
you are using a restricted view
(you did not, so I assumed you want the pat for ALL of the library
How good is your SQL ?
'Path' is stored in the Books table
calibredb List --fields=All gets you an output listing file that include the book ID. You can ad a --search to the command to limit the returned items