Originally Posted by theducks
Windows or Dos
dir "L:\Calibre Portable\Calibre Library\*.*" /b/d/s >list.txt
replace the path
list.txt is the out file, include a path as desired
dir /? for more options
What I wrote was
Originally Posted by BetterRed
... list of the folder paths for books currently displayed in the book list - preferably....
Typically there would less than 15 books displayed in the list from a library approaching 4000, the selection being based on the #status custom column.
- create a Temporary library using the structure from my Main library
- move the displayed books (#status:"=72 finalCheck") from my Main Library to the Temporary library,
- close Calibre
- process everything in the Temporary library via a powershell script
- start Calibre
- update the #status column for all the books in the Temporary library to '85 Final'
- move all the books in the Temporary library to the Main library
- remove the Temporary library, from Calibre and Windows
The list would obviate the need for the Temporary library - I would use it drive the powershell script and update the book files in-situ - ie in the Main library.