View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 08:20 AM   #7
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KoboGlo
No no, Sigil exacerbates nothing. Sigil is not the problem. Sigil could be the solution. I am evaluating the -huge- possibilities given by the new Sigil features "saved searches" and the clip editor (not to speak about "unused classes").

I can now perfect a check-list and try to improve my style-sheet.

You are right, my stylesheet is made by a converter. It's very handy and hassle-free. On the other hand, it's verbose and not nice-looking.

Another example that comes to my mind: I have way too many font-family., one for every style (I use embedded fonts). I already placed the biggest one in body and I have no problem. I only attribute a font to a style when it's a very special one (like smallcaps or Display).

I will try to simplify this way, item by item.

Edit: I did a careful trial but I surely missed some fine points. The resulting EPUB had a lot of defects. Putting a style sheet in order is not for the faint of heart... So for the time being, I keep my style sheet as it is.. Verbose but working.

Last edited by roger64; 11-08-2012 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Result
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote