View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 06:29 AM   #1904
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony650
The following comes from "Three Men in a Boat (To Say Nothing of the Dog)" by Jerome K. Jerome. I've been reading the beautifully formatted epub available right here on MobileRead.
Quote:
How good one feels when one is full - how satisfied with ourselves and the world! People who have tried it, tell me that a clear conscience makes you very happpy and contented; but a full stomach does the business quite as well, as is cheaper, and more easily obtained. One feels forgiving and generous after a substantial and well-digested meal - so noble-minded, so kindly hearted.
[...]
We are but the veriest, sorriest slaves of our stomach. Reach not after morality and righteousness, my friends; watch vigilantly your stomach, and diet it with care and judgment. Then virtue and contentment will come and reign within your heart, unsought by any effort of your own; and you will be a good citizen, a loving husband, and a tender father - a noble, pious man.
I've had meals like that.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote