View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 04:15 AM   #5
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KoboGlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
.../...For example padding/margins on normal paragraphs is something best left alone. It takes a bit of thinking to use minimal styling, but at the end of the day, you usually end up with easily portable stylesheets and saving a lot of time.
I try to achieve this "minimal styling" step by step.

One example: I usually do not use padding. In one book, I have 12 paragraph styles (out of 12) with the argument padding:0.. I wonder if it would not make sense to factorize it and give this argument to body instead of repeating it so many times...

Another example: I have a well defined main paragraph style (I tag it only with the letter p). Out of this one, I created many others with just a small difference: either indent, or margin, or font-style, or font-size... Why repeat all the p arguments?
p class something does not mean p with a difference?
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote