View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #159
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo aura HD, Kobo Arc, Sony T2, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 , Kindle for PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by FangornUK View Post
I have no problems running K4PC if I set the date before July before opening the program. Once opened just set the date back to normal. The date has to be correct when downloading books in Kindle otherwise it errors.

I've had no problems removing the shackles on recent eBooks I've bought recently.
that is a really horrible work-around.
messing with PC system date like that is a disaster waiting to happen - what if windows decides to do some date/time dependent background maintenance while you are faffing around with you obsolete version... or there's a power failure before you can reset the date & then your system won't boot properly... unlikely but why risk it at all ?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote