View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 04:38 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by steinarb View Post
I can't remember if I did an HTML to epub conversion or a zip to epub conversion (is it possible to import a multi-file HTML document? I will check when I get home). Also this was a document without images, and no hyperlinks outside of the document navigation.
Dragging the html index page (or TOC) to calibre should grab up all extra files the index points to and combine them into 1 zip file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinarb View Post
Let me clarify: epubs produced by calibre from zip files, are broken with respect to the Sony Reader. This goes for both the PRS T-1 and the PRS T-2 (they exhibit the same behaviour).

I have had little success with this conversion (zip->epub), and have other example documents with the same issue. I just tried to limit the question to one particular file to help pinpoint the issue.

Or to be even clearer: this is probably a calibre bug, but I would like to figure out more about what's actually wrong with the produced epub file, before reporting it.
Zip(html) to epub is a mainstay of calibre and has been working great for years. One way to get converted ePubs to crash is to increase the default Split files larger than: 260K setting under Preferences - Output options - Epub output. Your epub though doesn't seem to have any large html chunks so this is not your problem.

Open up a bug report, follow these guidelines for describing the problem and providing data, then attach the file to the bug report.

Sorry I couldn't help further.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote