View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #1787
barsoforion
barsoforion began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Collection Excluding Other Collections

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't seem to find it in the thread. Is there a way to create a collection containing all of the books that aren't in another collection? For example, I have a collection that I manage on my kindle called "Read" and I want to create a collection called "Unread" managed through Calibre that contains all of the books that aren't in the "Read" collection after importing collections without having to manually update Calibre with each book that I've read. Is this possible?

ETA: (Just in case anyone else was curious/would find this helpful) I managed to figure out a workaround (although it's kind of a pain if you have tons of collections - I'm sure there's an easier way, but I couldn't figure it out). I made a custom column, then populated it with my kindle collections with an added prefix (so that it didn't change the original collection on the kindle when creating collections). I then used that column to create the collection, entering the collection names (with prefix) that I wanted to manually edit into the ignore box on collection manager, and used the prefix in rename this pattern to change books that weren't in the ignore box to a single name for a collection.

The custom column template
Spoiler:
prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(0,1,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(1,2,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(2,3,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(3,4,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(4,5,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(5,6,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(6,7,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(7,8,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(8,9,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(9,10,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(10,11,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(11,12,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(12,13,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(13,14,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(14,15,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(15,16,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(16,17,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(17,18,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(18,19,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(19,20,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(20,21,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(21,22,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(22,23,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(23,24,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(24,25,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(25,26,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(26,27,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(27,28,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(28,29,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(29,30,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(30,31,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(31,32,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(32,33,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(33,34,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(34,35,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(35,36,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(36,37,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(37,38,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(38,39,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(39,40,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(40,21,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(41,42,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(42,43,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(43,44,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(44,45,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(45,46,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(46,47,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(47,48,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(48,49,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(49,50,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(50,51,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(51,52,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(52,53,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(53,54,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(54,55,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(55,56,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(56,57,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(57,58,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(58,59,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(59,60,\,)},

Collection Settings
Spoiler:
Ignore Names Matching These Patterns: .*__~:Temporary.*,.*_~!Read.*,.*!Notes and Lists.*,.*!Reference Books and Articles.*,.*!Comics.*,.*_&!Stories.*,.*&!Cooking and Health.*

Rename These Patterns: ^prefix.*

To These Patterns: Needs Read

Split On Character: NONE

Last edited by barsoforion; 11-13-2012 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Solution! (fix of solution because I fail)
barsoforion is offline   Reply With Quote