View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #8
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I do think its all down to personal tolerability. Some of the pics I saw of 'defective' screens over at amazon.com were pretty bad to me and I probably would have returned them, yet most of the pics posted on this forum are acceptable to me and I would have accepted them. I have no idea if my paperwhite is faulty or as amazon designed it to but its perfectly acceptable to me. Although the Kobo glo probably has a more uniformly lit screen, I still prefer the paperwhite flaws and all. The reasons being that, the Kobo glo that I had gave off a strong blue glow in well lit situations, this could be removed my turning up the light. However the light needed to be turned up to a level that was too bright and became LCD like. I can find a setting on the paperwhite in well lit rooms that is nice to read with, does not give off colored glows and does not start to resemble an LCD display. At night time I can have the. PW setting very low at 3 or 4, the colour is uniform across the screen but is more yellow than white at that setting. This is perfect for me when I'm in bed as I don't want a harsh white light, I Want something duller and more comfortable. On the Kobo glo the lowest setting at night is a lot brighter and whiter, nothing wrong wIth this but its just not as comfortable as reading on my paperwhite.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote