Thread: Nexus 7 advice
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_bike_kite View Post
I paid for the google app and it connects to calibre fine. Problem is I still don't see any fancy bookshelf full of book covers. Tried Mantano and Moon reader. Is there something extra I need to do?
Calibre Companion android app will show books as seen in the attached images. I prefer to open books in Moonreader+ via Calibre Companion. But if you must see a book shelf just import the books into Moonreader (IMHO a waste of space and time) and you will see shelves like the second 2 images attached.

Quote:
Can anyreader provide the bookshelf and be able to read mobi/epub/txt/pdf/htm?
Moonreader+ handles all the formats you mentioned and more.

Quote:
If they only cope with epub then can Calibre understand I need to convert before transfering to my nexus 7?
I you want this is doable within calibre but it is always better to convert before you try to transfer any books. This way you can review the outcome and verify it is to your liking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-27 22.18.00.png
Views:	75
Size:	377.0 KB
ID:	95491   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-27 22.15.14.png
Views:	75
Size:	253.9 KB
ID:	95492   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-09-17 23.26.18.png
Views:	85